Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Josiah...the Tiger Cub














We went and got Josiah's Tiger Cub shirt today! He was so excited to get to wear it to his first Pack Meeting tonight. I have to put his new patches on it...but it said to wash the shirt first and iron it good before putting any patches on. I sure don't want to mess them up! Yikes! He's so excited about all this Tiger Cub stuff...I'm glad we let him join.

The yard sale went well. It is by far the best I have ever done at a yard sale! I was very excited. I got rid of a lot of stuff but I still brought TONS of stuff home.

We went to the circus Saturday night. The boys' friend Benjamin invited them and gave them free tickets. They had a blast. It was only a one-ring circus but it was actually really good. I had my doubts when we drove up. It looked...kindof...Podunk to say the least. Anybody know why the computer wanted Podunk capitalized?? Just curious...

We had a calf born Friday and then another one was born Sunday afternoon. The boys thought that was wonderful, too. One is a heifer and one is a bull calf. Rosco doesn't hardly know what to think about the new babies! These calves are the mamas firsts...they seemed to do just fine. We have one more that should be coming in any day now...Shannon's out checking them now. Who knows?? We may have #3 already! I have to tell this funny on the boys...Shannon took them over to his cousins' farm Saturday to look at their cows. He said he looked over and both the boys were squatted down looking under the cows. Elihu asked Josiah, "Where is the uddah?" Josiah said, "I don't see one." Elihu said, "I don't either." Then Josiah answered back (with all the genius of a 6 year old), "Well, I guess we should look for testicles then." I laughed my head off when he told me about it! They're starting to ask all kinds of lovely questions. We already covered the whole testicle thing months ago. I wonder what's next?

Well, I hope your week is off to a good start! Life is always busy...just try not to be too busy making a living that you forget to make a life!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh. I always enjoy reading your blog.

Amy said...

That is hilarious!

Brittany said...

You have such a way with words! I'm telling you - you should write a book girl! :) Testicles... sigh.... what will they think of next?

ann_h1964@hotmail.com said...

Oh, this is hilarious!!!
Me and Darryl both had a laugh about this one.